Friday, September 28, 2012

The Driver's come to Italy: Venice

   This past July my parents made the long trip across the big pond for a visit! My dad was here for 1 week and my mom stayed 2 weeks. We had such a great time and saw a lot! We started inVenice, the next day stopped in Parma on the way to Rome for a few days, then stopped in Pisa on the the way to the Cinque Terre for a few days! I picked them up at the airport and we headed straight for Venice. I loved showing them around one of my favorite cities! 






We took a ferry over to the island of Murano which is famous for it's glass. We were able to catch a short glass demonstration.


He made this horse, called a Ferrari, right in front of us! It was amazing!







Their first experience with having to pay for a European restroom. It was especially expensive this summer!



A gondola traffic jam.




Pictures in front of the Bridge of Sighs.




In front of St. Mark's Basilica.



There were so many boats out today.


The famous Rialto Bridge. 



One of the many many gelatos we had in Italy!






No comments:

Post a Comment