Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our Road Bike Ride

About a month ago Taylor bought a road bike here in Italy. Road biking is very popular here and a lot of the soldiers ride for fun and for PT. Of course, Taylor could not be left out!! So, he bought himself a bike. 

Ever since then he has been bugging me to get one as well. Since I like to think through my decisions a little bit longer than Taylor, and being a little bit more of a tightwad, I decided that I would rent a bike to make sure that I liked it.

So last Saturday we went out on our 25 plus mile bike ride. We had a great time and got a pretty good work out. The weather was beautiful and our ride was full of some great views.








We eventually road down into this valley.




Just so you know, I was wearing the green Underarmour shirt before Taylor was. He likes for us to dress the same.



Nice house with a great view




We started where the red circle is and rode around the entire trail.


This shows the elevation of our bike ride. 


A church in one of the small villages we rode through.




Of course we had to stop for a coffee and some gelato! Pure energy is what I like to call it! :)




You notice that Taylor is wearing gloves. At first I questioned why you would need gloves to ride a bike. I mean, it's not like you are pedaling with your hands. After giving him the hardest time about how he was just giving into the road bike "fashion" by purchasing gloves I realized that after riding for 3 and a half hours or so, your hands do hurt. I definitely ate my words. 

It is only a matter of time though before he is in a full spandex suit and shaves his legs! 



Here I am in action.




No comments:

Post a Comment